Ningxia Red is a nutritional supplement drink from Young Living that is FULL of antioxidant rich foods and infused with essential oils. It is made up of 25% NingXia Wolfberry Puree. The puree includes the juice, pulp, and peel of the barriers which contain calcium, potassium, iron, zinc, selenium, riboflavin (B2), and Vit C.
Ningxia Red’s main ingredient and what it is really known for are the wolfberries or Chinese goji barriers. They grow naturally in regions of China and have been used in Chinese medicine for 5000 years. There are 17 different species of wolfberries alone but there is only one Ningxia wolfberry which grows in the NingXia Province of China and that is what Young Living uses in their NingXia Red! When I was researching the NingXia Wolfberry I found a fascinating piece that talked about the people that live in NingXia China. It said that they have 400% more people age 100+ y/o living in the Ningxia province than the rest of China. And these people live without canes to get around, glasses to see, and are overall very healthy. Just shows you how powerful this berry is and why we should all consume NingXia wolfberries daily.
By adding essential oils to the drink they have provided more nutritional support. The citrus oils are filled with D-Limonene which is another antioxidant that helps supports a lot of our body systems to give it that extra punch of goodness.
Antioxidants are measured by an ORAC level.
When Ningxia wolfberries were tested the ORAC (Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity) results were astounding and one of the highest fruits on the chart.
According to various sources online, in 2 oz there are…
- 18 amino acids
- <1 g protein
- 22 trace minerals
- 5 essential fatty acids
- 7 mg of beta-carotene (180% of your daily Vit A requirements)
- vitamins B1, B6, 100% of B2 (riboflavin)
- 300% of your daily Vit C requirements
- 90% vitamin E
- 10% calcium
- 24% potassium
- 91% selenium
- 18% zinc
*NingXia Red is Halal and Kosher certified*
- Drink 1-2 ounces 2 times daily. Best served chilled. Shake well before use.
- Blend NingXia Red into your smoothie, acai bowl, or morning juice as part of a quick, convenient breakfast.
- Chill and serve NingXia Red to family and guests at gatherings and celebrations when you’re looking for a healthy alternative to sparkling drinks.*
- Treat children to this tasty drink instead of sugary sodas or juice cocktails.
- Combine with NingXia Nitro for a nourishing drink that also supports cognitive wellness.*
- Add a drop or two of your favorite dietary essential oil for an extra flavor boost! Try Peppermint, Thieves, Cinnamon Bark, or Grapefruit.
- Pop a packet in the freezer and serve as a popsicle.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. Young Living products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size:: 1 fluid ounce (29.5 ml)
- Calories: 20
- Total Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Dietary Fiber: < 1g
- Sugars: 2g
- Sodium: < 5mg
NingXia Red can be ordered in 750-ml bottle packs. Refrigerate after opening and consume within 30 days. Do not drink directly from the bottle. Do not use if the seal is broken.
2 oz. packets. Great for on the go and traveling.
PROPRIETARY NINGXIA RED BLEND
29g Ningxia Wolfberry Puree (Lycium barbarum) – The wolfberries sourced for NingXia Red hail from the Ningxia province in northern China. This superfruit has one of the highest percentages of the fiber of any whole food and contains zeaxanthin—a carotenoid important to maintaining healthy vision. It also contains polysaccharides, amino acids, and symbiotic vitamin mineral pairs that when present together promote optimum internal absorption. By using whole wolfberry puree—juice, peel, seeds, and fruit—Young Living is able to maintain more of the desired health-supporting benefits in every bottle of NingXia Red*.
Blueberry Juice Concentrate (Vaccinium corymbosum) – combat aging and support digestion and are full of antioxidants.The blueberry’s fiber, potassium, folate, vitamin C, vitamin B6 and phytonutrient content, coupled with its lack of cholesterol, all support heart health.
Plum Juice Concentrate (Prunus domestica) – High in antioxidants, Vitamin C and Vitamin A and beta-carotene. Health benefiting compounds present in the plums such as dietary fiber, sorbitol, and isatin has been known to help support the smooth functioning of the digestive system. Plums are plentiful in minerals like potassium, fluoride, and iron and are moderate sources in B-complex groups of vitamins such as niacin, vitamin B-6, and pantothenic acid
Cherry Juice Concentrate (Prunus avium) – As “America’s super fruit,” cherries offer the vital nutrition for a long and healthy life. Eating cherries leads to a boost in antioxidant activity in the body. Beyond antioxidants, cherries are the only natural source of melatonin, a hormone that regulates the body’s internal clock and sleep-wake cycles.
Aronia Juice Concentrate (Aronia melanocarpa) – packed with nutrients and antioxidants, such as vitamin C and anthocyanins.
Pomegranate Juice Concentrate (Punica granatum) – A rich source of vitamin C and antioxidants, not to mention fiber.
Proprietary Essential blend:
50mg Grape (Vitis vinifera) seed extract – Vitamin E, flavonoids, linoleic acid, and OPCs are highly concentrated in grape seeds
- Orange EO (Citrus sinensis)
- Yuzu EO (Citrus junos)
- Lemon EO (Citrus limon)
- Tangerine EO (Citrus reticulata)
Tartaric acid – The acid also plays a major role in wine-making where it is used during the fermentation process for acidity adjustments to make for a more palate-pleasing taste. The acid can also be used as a natural preservative for things like soft drinks, fruit juices, candies and certain types of jams.
natural blueberry flavor
pure vanilla extract – for flavor
Malic acid – a component of almost all fruits — is commonly used as a food additive and preservative, but has several potential benefits. Great for boosting energy and maintaining healthy skin.
Pectin – is a form of soluble fiber, which draws water from your digestive tract and forms a gel, helping to slow digestion.
Sodium benzoate – Naturally found in fruits such as apples. Fruits produce it to prevent fermentation and spoiling. There is .00025% of Sodium Benzoate in NingXia Red. Far below the safe for consumption range and well below the legal limit of even having to label it on the package. The fact that Young Living includes it in the ingredient list when they don’t have to, shows how transparent Young Living is. It is required by law to have Sodium Benzoate in this product.
natural stevia extract – is a sweetener and sugar substitute extracted from the leaves of the plant species Stevia rebaudiana. Has up to 150 times the sweetness of sugar.
NINGXIA RED JELLIES
- 1 cup NingXia Red
- 1 1/2 teaspoons agar powder (gelatin alternative)
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 3 drops Grapefruit Vitality essential oil
- 3 drops Lime Vitality essential oil
- Silicon molds
- Combine the NingXia Red, agar powder, and honey in a saucepan. Mix with a metal spoon until fully dissolved and heat on medium-high.
- Once boiling, remove from heat immediately and stir in the essential oils. Taste for sweetness. The mixture should be almost too sweet since the flavors will mellow during cooling.
- Pour the mixture into silicon molds.
- Let your molds cool in the refrigerator for at least an hour until set.
- Keep leftovers in the fridge or a cool place.
Check out the Young Living Blog for full details and video. https://www.youngliving.com/blog/make-the-snack-that-packs-a-punch-ningxia-red-jellies/
NingXia Red Morning Smoothie
- 1-2 oz NingXia Red
- 1/2 cup frozen berries
- 1/2 frozen banana
- a handful of spinach
- 1 drop of Lemon Vitality essential oil
- 8 oz coconut water. (adjust depending on thickness preference)